For everything there is a first time.
If you are reading this article, you will surely fall within the group of online casino newbies . Calm! We have all been beginners, but as you will see below, it is not very complicated.
We know that Eurovegas will no longer be built in Madrid, but we are not concerned. There are countless places with traditional and online casinos where you can develop your skills. If you are a beginner to online roulette or blackjack or don’t even know a casino’s game list, we can help you .
Best online casinos and their welcome bonuses
The list of games in a casino is not always the same, it will depend on the casino. However, there are some commons that every player should know :
Roulette is the most mythical game of chance in both traditional and online casinos . In roulette, you can place bets on numbers or simple bets such as red / black, even / odd … With small differences, we can distinguish between three types of roulette:
- French or European : It is made up of 37 numbers from 0 to 36. When the ball lands on 0, players have two options: leave the bet on the mat until the next spin or withdraw the bet recovering only half of the amount bet .
- American of a 0 : Like the French one, it has 37 numbers from 0 to 36. If the ball lands on 0, the players who have made single bets will recover half of the amount bet.
- Two 00 American : Unlike the other two, this one has 38 numbers, from 0 to 36 plus the double zero (00). As a general rule, when the ball lands on 0 in this type of roulette, players with single bets will lose the entire amount bet, unless otherwise specified.
Although online casinos have all 3 types of roulette, in traditional Spanish casinos it will be rare to find the American two-zero roulette.
Blackjack is played on the basis of a point system and is one of the easiest casino games to understand.
In online blackjack all players play against the dealer (the dealer ), so the idea is to beat him. The object of the game is to get a better play than the dealer without ever going over 21 points .
Players place their bets and then the dealer deals the cards. Each player will receive two up cards and the dealer will deal himself a up card as well. The card values are:
- From 2 to 10 : The same value of the card.
- J, Q, K : They will always be worth 10.
- Ace : It will be worth 1 or 11 depending on the interest of the player, that is, whether or not he goes over 21.
- Know the blackjack table .
Once all the members have their cards, each player speaks. Players have 4 options:
– Ask for a letter : players can ask
go as many cards as you like. In the case of going over 21 the player loses the bet.
– Stand : The player considers that he already has a good move and if he asks for a card he will pass, so he decides to stay as is.
– Double the bet : After having received the first two cards, each player has the option of doubling the bet made, however, after having doubled the bet, they will only have the option to receive one more card.
– Separate : If the two initial cards have the same value, they can be separated, thus making two independent plays.
Punto y Banca or Baccarat
This game, the favorite of Asian players, is one of the most elite in the casino due to the high limits it can reach. Punto Banco has one main difference with other games, and that is that it is the only one in which players can deal the cards. On the other hand, it has a limit of up to 14 players in each game, so the largest table in the casino will be the one dedicated to this game. In addition, and as you can see in the image, sometimes there can be up to 3 dealers.
The rules of the game are very simple to understand. The objective is to add 9 points , therefore, whoever gets 9 who comes closest wins.
There are two hands: the point and the bank , the rest of the players will limit themselves to betting that one or the other wins or that they tie.
The card values are as follows:
- From 2 to 9 : The same value of the card.
- 10, J, Q, K : They will have a value of 10.
- Ace : It will always have a value of 1.
Once each player has made their bet for the point, the bank or the tie, two cards are dealt to each player. Each hand will always have a value between 0 and 9. In the event that a hand had a score of 10 or higher, we would only use the units figure. If, for example, we have a score of 4 + 9 = 13, the value of our move would be 3.
If in the first hand one of the two players has a score in his hand of 8 or 9 , the game will be finished . If one of the two hands goes over 10, he will have to receive a third card.
Despite the fact that the tie has a greater gain (8 to 1) than the fact that it wins point or bank (1 to 1), it is not very advisable to bet on the tie since the chances of it happening are much lower.
The minipoint and banking
It is a variation of the very common game in Spanish casinos. The only difference from regular play is that the betting limits will be lower .
Unlike the games mentioned above, craps is played with dice instead of cards. All players play against the bank or casino. The players take turns rolling 2 dice . The person who rolls the dice is called a shooter or shooter .
The rest of the table can bet on or against the shooter. The shooter is required to always bet the minimum of the table on the pass line or the don’t pass line. The player who has the turn after the shooter can choose to roll or pass. The dice will travel the table until a player decides to roll them.
It is worth mentioning that if the dice fall off the table when the dice are rolled, the roll will be canceled and therefore it will have to be repeated.
Pass Line / Pass-line bets:
If on the first roll a 7 or an 11 comes out, the bet is won, and if a 2, 3 or 12 comes up – the so-called craps , it is automatically lost. In the event that the number shown on the dice is 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, or 10, the roll becomes the point . If we are in front of the point, the shooter must continue rolling the dice until the same score comes out but without a 7. In this case, the bet is automatically lost.
Do not pass line / Don’t pass bets
In this type of bet, the person who bets will win the first play with 2 or 3, will lose with 7 or 11 and will tie with 12. In the event that 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 or 10 were rolled, the point. On this occasion the shooter would also continue to roll the dice but the 7 wins and the same score loses.
These are the more traditional bets, for a complete list click here.
Tips to win
We don’t have the magic bullet, but if you’re a newbie, our first tip for playing at a casino is not to take too much risk .
- Try some free casino games before you stake your money.
- Decide how much to bet before you start playing.
- In point and bank bet on the bank
- Review the strategies to follow in the casino.
- Remember to enjoy playing.